Re: Updraft of Light; Scenes from the Journeyi, vol. 15, no. 37

Love this write. Reaches in to me, over here in my life journey.......

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 23, 2018, at 7:52 AM, Ann Tudor <atudor@pathcom.com> wrote:

 
Updraft of Light

 

Your "updraft of light"

is in opposition,

I can only assume,

to the downward pressing

black cloud that is sometimes

my familiar.

 

I used to know, if fleetingly,

this updraft of light,

which suffused the atmosphere

with the possibility of joy.

 

Up is better than down,

they would have us believe.

Yet the pull of gravity

(all downward, as I understand it)

is essential to who we are.

We fasten our feet to earth

with magnets of consciousness,

and it is this awareness that allows us,

in our headier moments,

to follow the updraft of light.

 

My black cloud pressing down, down,

therefore, anchors me

and ultimately allows me

at times

to be carried by the updraft

to a lighter life.

 

 
Copyright © 2018 Ann Tudor
Food blog: http://fastandfearlesscooking.blogspot.ca
 

Comments

Popular Posts